Visas for Victims of Domestic Violence



Tx Young Lawyers Assoc


The Texas Young Lawyers Association has published a brochure to help undocumented immigrants who are survivors of domestic violence understand options they may have for obtaining a U.S. Visa.  There are 3 major visas for victims of abuse.  The U-Visa is for victims of crimes that have been or are currently being prosecuted.  The Violence Against Women Visa is for victims (male or female) of domestic abusers who are U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.  The Special Immigrant Juvenile Visa is for children under the age of 21 who have been abandoned, abused or neglected by one or both of their parents.  These visas have complicated requirements, exceptions and rules as to who can qualify.  The brochure gives a general description and process.  If, after reading the brochure, you think you may qualify, then you are advised to contact an attorney.

To review the entire brochure, please click here.


All rights are reserved. Copyright 2015. Site credits.