Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas is a nonprofit organization that provides free civil legal services to low income residents in 114 Texas counties throughout North and West Texas, with offices in Abilene, Amarillo, Brownwood, Dallas, Denton, Fort Worth, Lubbock, McKinney, Midland, Odessa, Plainview, San Angelo, Waxahachie, Weatherford and Wichita Falls.
You can apply in 1 of 2 ways:
1. Apply directly through the branch office that serves your area. you must schedule an appointment first
- You may contact the local branch office to schedule an in person or telephone appointment.
- In certain situations; arrangements can be made for our staff to come to your home.
- You can attend a free legal clinic (the office may refer you to a clinic if appropriate); or
2. You can apply over the telephone via our centralized intake telephone line. Also called the Legal Aid Line (this option is available only to residents outside Dallas and Tarrant Counties).